Friday, March 8, 2013

How to Make a Pallet Wood Sign

So, I was at the Post Office the other day sending off some ETSY  packages.  They know me down there, and the sweet post-woman says, "is this a sign?" {she knows I sell a lot of signs} and I said, "no".  Any-wiz-ays, she then says, "You don't do the cutting with saws and stuff though.  I can't imagine you doing that."  EHEM!  Excuse MEH!?? Pardon MEH!?  LOL!


I quickly corrected her misconception of who I am and what I can do.  I use every saw in the shop girrrl, AND my hubby just got us me an air compressor!  LOL!

Now, let's make a sign!







I always get a lot of people asking me what method I use when making my signs.  The answer is, I use a lot of different methods, it really just depends on the look I'm going for...Today, I wanted to show you a method that is super easy with beautimous results!



Here's what you will need:



  • Cut your wood to whatever sized piece of wood you desire...{I'm using a piece of salvage pallet wood that I cut to measure: 13 1/2" x 5 1/4" }
  • White Chalk
  • Paint pen
  • Computer
  • Printer and Printer paper
  • Painters Tape
  • Spray sealer
  • Bailing wire (you can use whatever type of hanging hardware you would like)
  • Measuring tape or ruler
How To:
  1. Cut your wood to the size you want it. 
  2. Decide what you want to write on your sign, figure out what size the lettering should be and print it out.
  3. Rub chalk over the back of the entire text


    4.  Tape printed text onto the wood (you don't want this to move mid-tracing so its very important to tape it!)
  5. Trace 
  6. Fill in the letters with paint pen.

    7. Drill a small hole on each upper corner of the wood.
   8.  Hang with bailing wire!




Here's a great link to order some paint pens from Amazon, just click the link below!


All finished!  Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial♥  This method is so easy, fun, and can be completed in less than an hour!  How can you ask for more?  I'd love to hear what you think, leave me a comment.  

♥-April  

Linked up with:


Liz Marie Blog  French Country Cottage  

504 Main       The Humble Brag Link Party
JENNIFER RIZZO
SAWDUST girl
WHIPPERBERRY


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...